Sunday, October 14, 2012

Melt of the Day: Blackberry Amber

After Autumn Leaves was done, the next in line was Blackberry Amber.  This is a BBW dupe of the same name.  It is described as juicy blackberries blended with melted amber.  It also contains notes of dewberry, red raspberry, jasmine, light caramel, heliotrope flower, vanilla, patchouli, sandalwood, and musk.
I don't really get a lot of berry notes, just a little tartness. My nose gets more of the earthy notes like the sandalwood, musk and patchouli.... although there is not that much patchouli in it because it hasn't given me a headache.  I get a little floral notes but can't really pick any one type out.   There is some sweetness from the vanilla and caramel.  This is a really nice scent!  I am a bit shocked because I am not that fond of the scent when it is in body item form.  I think that may have something to do with my body chemistry though.  Pleasantly surprised and would considering getting this in a candle.  This would make a great bedroom scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment