Sunday, September 29, 2013

Three CBV Black Label scents

This post is going to consist of a review of three Black Label line scents, which are very complex scents.
Out of these... 007 was the winner! Everyone raves about this one and now I see why.

007 is a strong clean scent.   The description doesn't list any specific notes.  It is a spa type scent, but does not have that ocean/ozone note like many do.  It kinda makes me think of a very upscale expensive fabric softener.  I would totally go for getting the BL candle in this.  I know this was accidentally got added to the bath and body products and I am so glad it did.  I did get it to try in a soap last order and could see having it in lotion as well, although I might be afraid of it being too strong.  We shall see.

Bonsai - This scent reminds me of a glazed doughnut with a little bit of something else.  It is described as Japanese rice pudding garnished with vanilla blossoms.  I really like it.  Some might find it too sweet though.  I think I would like it in candle form because it would be a little more mellow, as melting using gives you a POW of scent.

Earthquake - This one I just couldn't handle.  It has top notes of nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon leaf.  The mid notes are dried figs and juicy white grapes.  The bottom notes are honey, vanilla, and tapioca.  I am not sure what turns my nose off to this scent, but I am thinking it is the figs and possibly the honey.  This was one out of probably 3 or 4 that I have had to shut off before fully melting and I have tried probably 400 or more of CBV's scents.  There are many that really like this scent, so don't let that keep you from trying it out if it sounds like something you would like.  Every nose is different.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment