Sunday, September 29, 2013

Kimono Silk and Jamaican Ginger & Grapefruit

These two scents are recent melts in the past two days, so I am finally all caught up.... :) 

I don't have pictures of these so I was going to try to take a picture with my webcam, but it will not load up, so I will just give you a quick little rundown on our thoughts.

Jamaican Ginger & Grapefruit was in the melter yesterday.  Unfortunately, it is just too sharp for me.  Scents like this burn my nose and sinuses.  Cynthia loves it however,so it will be another that will go in her room downstairs.  I have a feeling it is the grapefruit it in.  It is a very sharp citrus with a bit of clean notes to it.  I liked the background of the scent but couldn't get past the sharpness.

Kimono Silk is today's melt.  It is a bit sweeter but it also has grapefruit in it and I get the same issue.  Besides grapefruit, it has notes of mandarin, peach, plums, Valencia grapes, rose petals and Nubian musk.  The other fruits lend some sweetness and the roses and musk a bit of powder and mysterious notes.  Cynthia likes this one as well.  It is ok for me.

I hoping to start posting a writeup on the most recent order we purchased.  It is huge and will take multiple postings, but I am going to try to make a dent in it this evening, so be on the look out!


No comments:

Post a Comment