Friday, March 1, 2013

Red Velvet Cake

The scent I have had on the melter for the last few days is Red Velvet Cake from CBV.  This is described as a sweet, creamy, buttery vanilla with notes of nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon, over a slightly nutty cake base.
In my mind, a red velvet cake is basically a mild chocolate cake with red coloring added to it and yummy cream cheese frosting to top it off.  I have never had one that had spices in it so this description thru me off.  I have heard many raves about this one, so I finally decided to try it out.  Plus, Victoria has made such a cute decorative candle for this scent!  I wasn't too wild for this scent cold, but I do like it more warm.  However, it still does not match what my mind tells me a red velvet cake is.  I don't really pick up the spice notes... more of just a buttery deep vanilla.  It is not a bad scent by any means, just not what I was expecting.  I want to try mixing it with Cream Cheese Frosting or Vanilla Bean Noel and maybe a little of Fudge Brownie to give it that chocolate my mind is craving!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment