Saturday, August 3, 2013

Alabama Slamma

The CBV scent that has been on the melter the past few days has been Alabama Slamma, which is from the Black Label line at Candles by Victoria.  These scents a more complex than most.  This one is described as having top notes of pumpkin and lemon, middle notes of champagne, grapes, nutmeg, and smoked cinnamon, and base notes of vanilla, tea leaves and hickory. 

The first thing I get on cold sniff is the hickory.  Very strong.  When melted, the pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon come out a bit more, however the hickory is still very prominent.  This is similar to Godfather, so if you like that, you would probably like this as well.  Godfather is almost too strong for me, and this one is just a bit stronger. As this has been on the melter longer, it has mellowed a bit and I like it much more than I did at first, but I don't think I would reorder or get it in a candle. 

It may be a week or so before I post again, since Cyn is out of town visiting her dad.  I can't try any new scents until she gets back, lol.  So, until then......don't forget to relax with wax!


No comments:

Post a Comment